Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 183.



Tuesday.


I’ve been looking forward to this day since me and Whit
first decided to throw this party.


A bridal shower for the Bff.


3 more weeks.


I still can’t believe
that my bff is getting married.


I’m slowly but surely reminding myself that we are that old
and its okay.


Today was spent running away from unpacking and making food
for the event.


Meat balls and Oreo truffles.


As I was creating the Oreo truffles I was taken back to the
adventures of Day 129 with Emma.



The day was good.
I just needed it to be 5:00 so I could head over to the Ashby residence.
Once I got there and got my food out me and whit had to run to get some balloons.
Lets pondering that thought for a moment.
Whitney wanted to get thee most perfect balloons.
I couldn’t not record her conversation with this man.
Man.
Keep in mind she is talking to a human male.
“Which would be closer to eggplant purple? Pearlized quartz purple or pearlized lavender?”
The man decided that pearlized quarts purple was our best bet.
“Do you have a light blush… oh wait… you don’t know what that is.”
You should’ve seen the look on this man’s face….
“How long will the high flow last?”
I was laughing so hard.
This truly made the list of top 10 adventures with Washby.
We headed back, got things all set up, and the girl humans started coming.
I was so pleased to see them.
It made me remember the good about high school.
Yes.
It’s been that long since I’ve seen some of them.
We were able to talk and catch up and all that good stuff.
Girl talk.
I even saw my favorite human, Shmelbie.
She hides pencils in her hair and is poetic like a Jane Austin book.
We played a trivia game….
Testing our own knowledge about the bff against her spouse.
Did you know that her favorite color really isn’t purple?
I think that threw the majority of us off.
We ate, opened presents and played the classic bridal shower game.
Toilet paper wedding dresses.
I don’t know how I got chosen to be the bride….
…okay.
I do.
I was super proud of the dress that my team put together.
Kalynn, Alyssa, Whitney, Seren.
Nice work.
We win the prize.
No need to fret.
Seren even caught the bouquet.
We were just able to talk and play and talk and remember things and talk and build flowers.
It really was a blast to be with the high school girls again.
It’s even more fun when we’ve been apart and have lots of stories to tell and things to talk about.
It’s crazy how much things change in only a year.
We decided that Aly needs to get married more often so we can get together and party.
Thanks for a fun night girls!
We should’ve taken bets on whose next…..

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Q. This was quite the night. Thanks for putting it together!

    PS. Arabian Nights Dress? Totally wins.

    ReplyDelete