Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 161.

Sometimes in life I forget to take my camera places and due to the most recent fact that AT&T has decided to charge random money for picture texts….
Photos have been scarce.
My 3 week spring semester resolution is to get pictures.
Ta-Da.
This 4th of July was great.
History making.
Literally.
The day started at 8:15 when the friend came to pick me up so we could head to Idaho to get ready for the parade.
Once we got there we met his dad and headed out to fight the crowd for a spot.
Fortunately we got a good one.
My favorite part was when the firemen wore kilts and played the bagpipes or when the small children were riding bikes a hundred times bigger than them.
The clouds were overcast, but it was sunny enough to get some sun.
About an hour later the parade was over and we headed to lunch.
Do not even worry.
The $5 foot long at Subway for the month of July is the Italian BMT.
YES!
Favorite.
The friend’s dad was kind enough to buy us lunch before we headed back home.
Once we got there we installed a swamp cooler and I watched him play with the weeds.
No.
I cannot spray off a swamp cooler without completely soaking myself….
Thanks for asking.
We headed back in to do some homework but soon enough it was time to head to grandma and grandpas house for dinner.
Grandma was making potato salad and cutting up the fruit when we got there and grandpa was talking about his new windmills, cowboy hats, sunglasses, and cowboy boots.
Dinner was finally ready and we all sat at the table, talked and ate.
After dinner was all cleaned up I took a small tour of the rest of the house, printed off some papers, and looked at baby pictures.
[At one point in his life] the friend owned snakeskin boots.
Do you know what that means?
Do you?
We need to be best friends forever.
While the friend did his homework I played the Simmons version of Hand and Foot.
Yes.
Me and Grandma beat the friend’s dad and grandpa.
We were super proud of ourselves.
They’ve got nothing on us.
Once the game was done grandma and grandpa took us out to see the windmill farm.
Yes.
Idaho is absolutely beautiful.
The green land seems never ending.
I love it.
We headed back home right in time for the fireworks to start.
The friend’s home resides on the mountain/hillside so we decided to stay up there and watch the fireworks with the fam.
The friend’s aunt came over and introduced herself.
Apparently word had gotten around fast that I was there and from Spanish Fork….
Oddly enough….
I’m not.
The fireworks were really great.
It was crazy amazing.
The skyline of the Idaho Falls area was lit up with fireworks.
I love fireworks from that high up.
[This is the part that my mom told me is meant for journaling… not blogging…. Whatever that means ;)]
We said goodbye to his dad and cleaned everything up.
We got ready to head out when the friend decided that I should probably drive due to the fact that he was completely drugged with who-knows-what since he has fantastic allergies.
I drove and I’ve never loved a car so much in my life.
It only took us an hour to get home……
A drive that should’ve taken around a half hour.
I may or may not have barely missed curfew.
Oops?
It was a super great night.
Happy 4th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment