Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 167.



Dear world.
I’m officially ninja.
After a battle with a fly near the window screen I finally caught him by the wings.
The window may or may not have helped me out a bit…
But in the end I came out conquered the fly.
Fellow flies….
Watch out.
Today was a Sunday of adventures.
The friend spoke in church so we went to his sacrament meeting and then Emma was speaking in our ward so we did double sacrament meeting.
They both did super fantastic…
But the highlight was Emma showing you how strong she is.
Ask her to show you sometime.
We came home and quickly Emma and Sarah were stolen away by Derek who was kind enough [and patient enough] to teach them how to drive stick shift.
That’s what HEG brothers are for, right?
While they were doing so me, Michelle, and the friend made lunch slash dinner.
And the friend taught me how to waltz.
I couldn’t tell if Tyler was laughing out of entertainment of awkwardness…..
Anyway…
Omlet-ish things, toast, and tater tots.
Yum….
After things were cleaned up me and the friend headed to his house to pick up his car and head down to Idaho Falls to visit the family and see the new boat.
Boys and their boats…..
It’s a relationship that I will never understand.
We visited lots of the grandparents and cousins.
We played card games and chatted all night long and skyped the sister and her new baby.
I may not have beat the rest of the family in 5 crowns but I beat the friend.
And in the end that’s the only thing that matters…..
We partied and talked with the fam until about 11:15 and then we headed back to Rexie.
It was a great night.
Now I’m down to the final 11 days up here….
Bittersweet?
Most definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment