Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 174.



The final weekend up here in Rexie has been the absolute best.


After staying up until 2:30 [Saturday night] to work on my child development final there was nothing more I wanted to do than go to bed.


Rachel woke up and headed out super early.


No worries….


She made it home safely.


I got up around 9:00 so I could get all ready to head out to Idaho Falls with the boyfriend around 10:15.


I got ready, headed out, and headed over.


He finished bringing things down to his car in preparation for moving out and I kept talking to my mother.


Once upon a time….


I love talking to my mom.


Everyday.


We headed out and I prepared myself to enter into a world full of Smiths and Simmons.


About a half hour later we drove into the church parking lot and headed in.


Each time I walk into a different ward I am reminded of how much I love my own home ward.


Nothing can beat it.


Nothing.


It’s always [still] surprising to me when I walk in and they barely fill the pews.


I love seeing the members of my ward sitting in the hard seats in the over flow…..


[Personally,] I just don’t like sitting there.


We made our way and immediately made a friend with the curly haired one year old in the green skirt.


She thought it was thee best thing in the world when the boyfriend would put my ring in his mouth or when she figured out that his keys were super cool.


Oh the entertainment of small children.


I was proud that often times she liked me better.


The reason for the trip home was for his cousin’s farewell.


It still never ceases to amaze me how small this world is.


Turns out he and I have way too many friends in common.


Odd.


He gave a fantastic talk and we headed to his house for the real party.


It was full of ham, baked potatoes, rolls, salad, brownies and ice cream, pink lemonade, small children, meeting the rest of the family, large volleyball games, getting plates
with small amounts of food blow onto my face and arms, walking around, watching
small children jump in the mud, and all that other good stuff.
I really quite enjoy this family.
It wasn’t too long before we headed home so the boyfriend could get a haircut.
Winner.
I am a fan.
It’s been much needed ;)
We skyped his sister, brother in law, and their new baby and ate otter pops.
The home teachers came by.
Me, Mama Simmons, and the boyfriend sat in the basement and talked.
We ate muddy buddy cereal and cherries.
We rode bikes [and long boards].
Around 7:30 we headed back down to the cousins house and attempted to humble a typical sophomore boy.
It didn’t work due to the fact that Grandma Smith’s saltine crackers were way past their expiration date.
Oh….
But the faces were priceless.
The cousin was set apart as a missionary and I was so glad I was able to be there for that moment.
We headed home and visited with the other cousin, the pajama aunt, and grandma and grandpa Simmons.
I even got the boyfriend to eat a bug.
That was probably the highlight of the day.
I was soo pleased with myself.
We decided that around 9:30 we needed to head back so I could finish up some stuff and get sleep.
Fact.
I have been running on basically no sleep the past 2 weeks.
On the way home we were able to talk and it was probably the best talk I’ve had in a long time.
We stopped at the park and were able to talk some more.
It was the greatest.
He dropped me off right before curfew and I came home to my roomies packing.
I don’t like that idea….
So I’m running away from it.
It’s fine.
Great news.
I now have a memory card for my phone….
Picture will continue.
Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment