Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 97.

There are always mixed emotions when packing up to go home to Idaho or coming home to Utah.
Either way…
Each place is some sort of home now.
I’m ready to go back.
[Let’s all pray that I don’t get Utah homesick this time……]
Despite how much I read or how much educational television I watch, my brains are [almost] complete mush and at any given moment could turn to liquid and pour out my ears.
Watch closely.
I love to learn and I know that’s where I’m supposed to be.
I have loved being with my friends and family here more than anything.
The last 4 months have been fantastic…..
….. But it’s time to go home to Rexie.
Today has consisted of shopping and packing.
My 2 most favorite things.
NOT.
I get too distracted for packing which causes problems seeing that it needs to get done.
So far I have all my kitchen stuff and other important things things [criminal minds, books, crayons, zhu zhu pet, and strawberry shortcake sheets] packed away.
Hopefully I won’t need them in the next 3 days……..
It’s a good thing that Josh Groban makes packing so much more enjoyable.
That man gives me the chills.
Today at the store was my first [personal] experience with coupons.
It was great.
Below is the fruit of my shopping labors.
Ladies and Gents…..
This is what a $135.00 shopping trip looks like.
Got all the good stuff : Fruit by the Foot, Ritz, Cheese its, Nutella, Top Ramen, Soups, a toaster, school supplies, hair stuff, rice, vitamins, chips, laundry stuff……
Impressed?
I promise I’m a healthy person.
I won’t eat it all at once.
Let's just hope that it'll fit in the car.

As I was trying to pack another [good] distraction occurred.
My mother and Trish came into my room and we ate chips and talked.
Then we decided to have Trish try on my white skinny jeans.
Thought….
I haven’t worn these since junior year.
Almost 2 years.
Wow how that’s flown by.
It took him a few minutes to get them on…..
…. But he succeeded.
Isn't that a tad bit…..
Weird?
Hopefully I get some more packing done tomorrow before I turn back into a pumpkin or something.

1 comment: