Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 101.

Oh the joys of being back in a college town.
The day has been full of more shopping, working, picking up books, and……
Nothing else.
Really.
First.
I would like the world to know that [cremated] Colten is back in nature.
Before I left the beautiful state of Utah me and the bestie drove up to the place we love to let Colten’s little ashes flow in the creek.
Forever.
Do you see him?
It’s a little like ‘Where’s Waldo?’ in a jar.
I said a few words before I let him go….
But it just so happens that when you are letting someone as special as Colten go….
You don’t slash can’t exactly remember what you were thinking.It’s a little bit of a problem sometimes.
I hope he didn’t mind the water being so cold….
Oops?
I tried so hard to post this picture yesterday….
But my e-mail just wouldn’t allow it.
While we were getting something to eat at our neighborhood McDonalds
[haha….]
We saw this lovely not bumper sticker.
Thoughts.
Why wouldn’t Idaho want to be like Utah?
We’re family oriented, we have JCW’s, our mountains are beautiful, we have some awesome temples, the creek is located there, apparently we have ‘the greatest snow on earth’, and we are about one hundred times warmer than Idaho.
The only real difference is the name and the fact that we don’t gamble slash sell lotto tickets.
I love Utah.
A lot.
Why doesn’t everyone else?
Also.
I bought a backpack today.
This thing better last me until I graduate.
Dakine.
It’s turquoise if you can’t tell.
I’m a fan.

Today wasn’t super exciting.
Got up at 9 and went with Emma and Colten to get books.
Went to work at noon.
Story of work.
There were 6 girls to check in and 5 hours to do it.
I found myself with Colten and Emma.
They are my sanity holders.We watched The RM, attempted to spin Emma in the chair in order to see her eyes go crazy, used the master key to go to the bathroom in 310 [aka my old home] when no one was there [things I purchased in the fall still happen to live there], watched one of the Bourne movies, saw some old faces, and ate an amount of tootsie rolls equal to my weight.
What a day at work.
After we ran to the store so Emma could get some food, came home and ate a dinner of pizza and salad and watched TV.
Thought.
While we were putting Emmas groceries away we found curdled skim milk.
As if skim milk is bad enough as is.
And remembered how tired we are.
Yes.
I will finally admit that I am becoming elderly.
Senior discount, anyone?
Thank heavens that church starts at 1 o’clock.
Oh!
And we’re getting one of the three missing roomies tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment