Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 89.

Today has been fantastic.

Last night me and Rachel were up until approximately 2:30ish watching Anastasia.

I don’t know how she stayed awake the whole time….

We slept and woke up around 8:30 and showered and stuff since we were having some of her friends over to watch the first session of General Conference with us…..

….we figured that we probably should look somewhat decent.

We watched and ate my mother’s most wonderful and special cinnamon rolls.

We only get them twice a year.

Conference time.

That’s how special they are.

Conference was great.

President Uchtdorf is always fantastic to listen too.

I love love love love love listening to Elder Holland.

I also loved hearing President Monson talking about temples.

I also loved Elder Scott talk about his wife.

All the talks had something.

The Church leaders are amazing and I can’t wait to get the Ensign to read the talks again.

One day I’ll really go to the conference center to hear them.

After conference was over me and Rachel watched another movie….
Tangled.
We loved watching movies up at school and she gave me a list of more to see.
Around 6:30ish I took her down to Provo to meet her “bachelor” who was to take her back home to Rexie.
I liked him.
He was listening to Taylor Swift and was a very nice human.
What a man.
Let’s all hope and pray her driving experience back isn’t as dramatic.

Remember how today is my dear friend, Kiah’s 19th birthday?
I do.
I looked and looked for a picture of us [together] to post, but I couldn’t pass this one up.
Good thing I know she doesn’t read this ;)
Kiah is a very special human.
She is known for stealing my gum, pulling ‘a Quinci’ when she doesn’t want to get ready, making tater tot casserole, climbing into bed with me when I am trying to go to sleep, attacking my eyebrows, giving me hugs, spending waay to much time getting ready, playing games on her phone during my talk at church [haha], thinking she knows how to drive in the snow, writing amazing poems, working in the library, telling people she made the cookie bars when I did to impress a boy, calling me or Rachel when she was walking from building to building or home, staying up late doing homework, skipping class, harassing Colten, creating a boat out of the couches, having a crazy alarm…….
The list only goes on.
Really though.
I love her.
I was so lucky to get her as a roomie this past fall.
She is someone I know I can always go to for a smile or a laugh.
She will do anything she can to help and you can’t have a bad day around her.
Oh.
And she’s moving to China next week.
I love you my dearest Kiah.
I can’t wait to see you next fall ;)

I may have failed to mention that it was Mason’s birthday yesterday.
…Even though his party was on Friday.
I love this [little] boy….
….even though I am occasionally found harassing him.
I remember the day I found out I was getting a little brother instead of a little sister and I cried and cried and cried and cried and cried.
Eventually I got over it.
He is a blast.
He loves sports like no one I have ever met.
He eats, drinks, breathes, and sleeps sports.
Baseball and Basketball, mostly.
Pretty sure he had a baseball in his hand when he exited the womb.
He is so much fun to go and watch.
He really is a sweetheart.
Today during conference, everyone may or may not have been sleeping during the middle of the second session.
Except for him.
Rachel was asleep on the floor next to me and she said that she woke up for a minute and could hear a little voice singing the hymns with the Tab Choir.
It was Mason.
I can’t wait for him to grow up to see what he’s like.
It’s my favorite thing in the world when he lets me give him a hug, when he comes and sits on my bed and talks to me and tells me about his girlfriend and how she has sparkly eyes, when he runs to the store with me and gets excited when I tell him he can get a treat, when he goes on late night McDonalds runs with me and Colten, when he gets a new trophy to add to his collection, when he drew me a picture and sent it to me up and college telling me how much he loved and missed me, when he gets nervous during a game, the way he concentrates when he is pitching in a game, how excited he is for life, the way he has to dress exactly like Colten and asked my parents if he could change his name to CJ {Colten Jr.], he’s the only 9 year old I know that asked for MLB 2011 for his birthday, and he saved Rachel a piece of birthday cake.
Happy late blogger birthday ode, Mason.
I love you.

1 comment:

  1. .... you never tell me anything! i must send him a late birthday present! he's got one of my favorite heads in the entire world!

    ReplyDelete