Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 106.

Today was just another great day at Brigham Young University….
Idaho.
Like always, the morning came way too soon.
I was hoping for a couple more hours.
But it’s okay because Glee walked with me to school today.
The beauty of an Ipod.
The one problem with listening to Glee on the way to class is the fact that I can’t break out in song or dance like I usually do.
I did not just admit that……
Class was good and I even participated.
Take that History and Philosophy of Education.
I hope you have noticed that I love to say that classes name.
It makes me feel smart and that I’m finally working towards my major or something…
After class I came home and was really thirsty.
The one thing I do not like about Idaho is the water.
It’s nasty.
It’s almost like drinking from a toilet or something….
And I don’t like milk.
I came up with a compromise.
Since I love chocolate milk I decided to pour all my [instant breakfast] chocolate milk packages into the carton.
WA-LAH.
Instant chocolate milk.
Plus that means I have breakfast waiting for me for the next 4 days.
Emma may or may not have caught me in the act…
After my lovely chocolate milk and some other random things I headed out the door to meet Colten and head to Transitions in Art and Culture.
By now it was raining.
I am slowly realizing how unique this school is.
That we can talk about the gospel at any given time and any given place.
In TinA&C 8 kids bore their testimonies and 5 kids read their favorite scripture(s) and we talked about the Savior and the significance of today.
[actually I guess they’re not kids anymore…. Probably more like adults]
I loved it.
Then we prepared to write a paper on a tough experience.
Does anyone have one I can borrow?
I always use the same one and I’m ready for something new.
If it was tough then why would I want to re-live slash write about it.
Again?
I am pondering writing about the death of my fishes, the cremation and death of my ladybug, and possibly falling off my bike when I was a small child.
Unfortunately I don’t think that Brother Samuelson would take me seriously.
I’ll [hopefully] find something great to share with the world.
As me and Colten walked out of the Hinckley building we were shocked by what we saw slash heard.
Hail. Rain. Wind. Thunder. Lightening. Snow.
All at once.
Hello Rexburg.
All the sudden I received a phone call from the roomies telling me that they were “going gung ho” and coming to find me with their umbrella.
Those are great roomies, if you ask me.
We took a quick trip to Wal-Mart to find some treasures.
I needed bottled water, shoelaces, gum, and sticky notes.
I left with bottled water, Pringles, gum, chocolate, and sticky notes.
No shoe laces.
It’s completely fine that some days….
Okay most days…..
I have close to zero self control.
Marriage prep was fantastic today.
Still not ready to get married….
So I guess it’s a good thing I’m in the class.
Sister Hendrickson is fantastic and has great stories.
Once we got home I met my new best friend.
Homework…….
Michelle shared her cooking talents tonight….
Chicken Pillows.
And little apple pies.
YUM.
Our dishes even matched.
That is a first.
I know everyone is dying to know who celebrated their 12th birthday today.

Yep.
Kade.
Aren’t you so jealous that he has his picture taken with cheese balls?
I am.
I love cheese balls.
Apparently me and Kade are exactly the same, according to the parents. He is a friend to everyone he meets and will do anything to help. He loves to do things with his friends. He will be [most]often found playing something electronic- gameboy, DS, wii, etc. He loves those things. He may or may not have found Tron in the shopping cart 2 weeks ago so my mom had to give it to him early. He had a hamburger cake [as always] but wasn’t hungry enough to eat it. He took a $50 bill instead of having a friend party [smart kid] and got a yellow power band. I found out today that yellow is his favorite color. He is probably the best lacrosse player I have ever watched and we are always impressed with him when we go to his hip hop dance performances. He loves music and always leaves it on in his room all the time. He loves pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and I cannot wait to see what he is like as he gets older.
Happy Birthday Kade.
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment