Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 96.

I am proud to admit to the world that it is not past 11 o’clock yet.
This must be the earliest blog yet.
Okay.
Confession.
I may or may not be addicted to blogging.
Let me explain.
Once upon a time I was journal writer.
That’s all I did.
My mother used to tease me about the fact that I wrote so much I couldn’t possibly have time to live a life worth writing about.
It’s the complete truth.
I wrote so much.
But when I went to college it got harder.
I didn’t have time or was way too tired to even begin an entry.
So this is where I ended up.
Writing is my outlet.
They make me laugh when I need a laugh and cry when I need a cry.
It’s fantastic.
Anyway…..
Now you know why I am addicted.
The words actually come out here…..
….. Communication isn’t exactly my forte.
In case you didn’t know ;)
Say ‘hello’ to my life.

Today was great.
I love Sundays.
I had to get up early this morning for an interview at 9:30.
Who does that when we have 1 o’clock church?
But it was fine.
Brother Rutter interviewed me.
At church he’s Brother Rutter….
….. Outside of Church he’s Papa Rutter.
I got home before 10, talked to my mother, cut out my coupons, and took a nap.
[Another] confession.
I have found that I love to coupon.
I even have a coupon holder to hold my coupons.
I don’t think Broulims is ready for me and my abilities.
We headed over to church, took our seat, and were so excited to see our dear friend, Jace Miller.
For the past 2 years Jace has been serving a mission in Chile.
Him and my Jace are the best of friends.
This picture was taken a little while before they were heading to the MTC.
They headed up go to the Salt Lake Temple and people mistook them for missionaries…..
….. I can’t imagine why.
Seeing Jace made me believe that my brother was actually still real.
It’s amazing what a mission does.
18 more days until Elder Whatcott is home and I couldn't be more excited.

After dinner I was laying by the fire with my new Strawberry Shortcake quilt that my mother made for me.
If you forgot…..
Utah no longer has a spring.
It’s a continuation of winter.
I think we’ll call it splinter.
Spring+ Winter + when you look outside and see snow you feel like there is a splinter in your heart.
Any way……
My mother is a wonderful quilter.
She was making it as a surprise….
….. But it just so happened that I came home when she was working on it.
I love it.
Mason thought I was weird….
… and then he went and got his matching baby quilt.
Then the cousins came over, we made cookies, and I was supposed to clean my room.
Except I got distracted.
Whaaaaat?

No comments:

Post a Comment