Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 119.

Dear life.
It has come to pass that I think I need to change my major.
Seeing that we had thee most beautiful spring weather ever today I am going to change my focus of study to construction management.
Today as I was walking home from TinA&C I was suddenly over taken with thoughts of greatness.
I want to build a splash pad in the middle of the Taylor Quad.
You know…
A splash pad.
Those big cement slabs with holes and water shoot up and they are joyous and fun?
I want one of those.
Yes.
I realize that it is completely unconventional seeing that Rexburg is colder than Russia and windier than Chicago (...Yes. We got that confirmed by someone who is from Chicago).
But I figure that in the winter time it will make for some beautiful ice sculptures and fantastic ice skating.
I guess it was just one of those inspirational days.
Any way….
Today me and Emma were [almost] matching.
We had the same idea with our outfits.
Naturally we had to take a picture……

Doesn’t that take you back to the fantastic photo shoot of 2010?
Those were some great times.

Oh.
Also some great news.
Today after I had my genius idea about my splash pad I was casually walking, trying not to run into people or other non-moving objects that often just jump out at me I saw an old friend…..
I couldn’t resist.
This friend brought so much joy into my life.
Yes.
I caught another ladybug.
We aka apartment 314 were supposed to get together during family council and decide on a name, but we are never all home at the same time.
Currently my ladybug friend is living in a Pringles can on the top of the TV.
While we were trying to figure out the gender of our ladybug he had lunch.
Salad.
Yummy.
Don’t fret.
He’s a boy.
I hope that he doesn’t feel too much of a loss of identity seeing that we took him out of his natural habitat and since he’s nameless….
We’ll get right on that little buddy. How could I forget?
HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!
Here in 314 we love to celebrate the little holidays.
Earth day. May day. Cinco de Mayo.
So we had a party.
We ate Spanish rice, enchiladas, layered dip, and of course, chips and salsa.
Let us not forget that we even listened to some fantastic music to make it even better.
I really wish that I was excited for tomorrow.
It’s Friday…
Just in case you didn’t get the memo.
I just have so much to do.
But I am excited because the girls are having a slumber party in the front room and we’re making homemade Oreos…
It just so happens that the Sarah has never had them before…
I hope that I survive the tests, computer drama, classes, homework, the mountain of laundry, and anything else that decided to come and visit me.
…As long as the weather stays sunny and warm I can make it.
I love Rexie in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment