Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 279.

Fact.
I love Rexie a thousand times more than I love Logan.
It may be 2 hours closer…
It may be a whole lot warmer…
It may be a whole lot bigger…
But it’s not Rexie.
Me and Rachel headed out around 8 this morning due to the fact that we knew we would have to pick up the flowers and get them to the temple by 11:30.
Bridesmaid task.
Don’t fret.
We drove drove drove up to Logan and were so pleased that we made it in an hour and a half.
I may or may not have been over 80 the ride up.
Shhhh…
Don’t tell my mom.
There is something about going over the speed limit in a minivan…
It screams tough.
Once we got here we headed to the local Wal-Mart to purchase finger nail polish remover and purchase a slate colored paint.
I figured it wouldn’t be too difficult to find the flower place seeing that I had a GSP and an address.
No worries.
The GPS stopped working….
Punch.
Thank heavens for the grid system…
Right?
Fact.
I have way to much pride to stop and ask for directions.
I was going to find my inner boy scout and find 50 North Hwy 165 in Providence, Utah.
Providence is the size of the palm of my hand.
Easy.
Obviously.
We drove around for approximately 20 minutes in between 100 North and 100 South.
Fail.
Finally when I decided to swallow my pride and ask, Macey’s was my option.
I figured it was a friendly neighborhood grocer and they could help me out.
Thought.
The address to Macey’s is 50 North Hwy 165.
Punch.
The guy looked at me like I was [obviously] from out of town.
I proceeded to then ask him where the flowers could be picked up….
He then proceeded to point right behind me.
Super punch.
The fact that they had already been delivered to Riter mansion made things a hundred times better.
We scrambled to find Riter mansion but were pleased to see our flowers sitting in the kitchen.
Win.
Bridesmaids task?
Complete.
We were so pleased that we were able to get them to the temple with [lots of extra] time to spare.
Someone in the previous wedding party got sick….
Pushing everything back.
Oops.
It is one of thee most fantastic things to see your friends come out of the temple.
Kiah and Ramon looked fantastic.


Thought.
We had approximately 5 hours before the reception started.
Fact.
It’s not smart to put 2 small town college girls in a big[ish] college town.
No bueno.
We drove around forever trying to find somewhere to eat…
And were more than pleased when we saw something familiar.
Café Rio.
We still had quite some time to kill before we had to get back so we did the usual..
Went and saw all the odd people at Wal-Mart for a bit…
And the odd dogs.
No comment.

We wanted to drive around campus just to get a feel for something not BYU-Idaho-ish.
I was appalled to see men with facial hair…
And wearing shorts.
I was waiting for the Honor Code police to run up and take them away…
Then I remembered that facial hair and shorts is socially acceptable in most places.
Me and Rachel found a lovely parking lot where we watched a family sled down a hill for a few minutes…
And then fell asleep in the car for the next couple of hours.
Win.
Thought.
Sleeping in a car…
In a skirt…
Is not one of the top 10 most comfortable things that I’ve ever done in my life.
We headed to the reception in anticipation for what was to come.
It was stunning.
We chatted with her family, the groomsmen, and of course the couple of honor.
Thought.
Like the picture of Kiah as a small child?
I do.
Peppermint. Coconut. Chocolate. German Chocolate.
Fruit. Red Velvet. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip. Carrot.
[and I know that there is more I am forgetting….]
The reception was full of cakes.
Win.
Love.
The bridal party each got many pieces and shared around the table.
The joys of not being afraid of germs.
No wedding is complete without decorating the car.
Obviously.
Congrats Kiah and Ramon!

No comments:

Post a Comment