Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 269.

10 more days in Rexie before my days of fall semester 2011 are concluded.
Yes. 
I have started packing.
Yes.
My room is a mess.
Yes.
I have way way way to much stuff.
No biggie.
After a day full including a lunch date with Jace, work, and class nothing really got done.
Fast forward to 8:30.
Dinner.
Nauvoo men’s housing.
Win.
When we walked through the doors we were greeted with a peppermint scent.
Yes.
This is where I decided that men lived more like women than I expected.
Let’s take a tour…..
Smelly wax melter with the peppermint ice scent?
Yes.
They were talking about how they liked the mixed berry cheese cake scent.
Odd. ..
But refreshing.
Pause.
Christopher made us dinner at this point.
When we had the men over to our apartment for dinner last week the jalapeno ranch chicken quesadillas it came up that he had something that could possibly beat it..
Possible?
Not.
Was he close?
Yes.
He made us chicken alfredo quesadillas.
Super Win.
Dinner continued on before something caught my eye….
The Cars whiteboard above the sink….
With everyone’s phone numbers in the corner and a reminder in the middle complete with a smiley face.
Thought.
I was reminded of when I used to go over to babysit at someone’s house and they’d have a list five miles long of emergency phone numbers.
Win.

During the duration of this adventure of observing the apartment Christopher made chocolate peanut butter rice krispie treats.
While they were sitting in the freezer setting me, Em, and Sarah ran home to get our laptops.
Homework.
Ugh.
Although we were very cautious due to the fact that we saw a rat on our way there.
It wasn’t just a rat…
It was a HUGE rat.
By huge I mean he possibly could’ve eaten a small child…
We tried to get pictures but due to the Rexie darkness it proved to be unsuccessful.
Thought
Don’t almost step on HUGE rats.
We got back to the men’s apartment, did homework and ate chocolate peanut butter rice krispie treats.

The rest of the evening was spent at Somerset 101 discussing moving out, blind faith, and other such random topics and talking to Samuel.
Win.
10 more days.
10 more days.
10 more days.
I can survive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment