Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 78.

How is it that no one would stay up with me while I blogged?
They all went to bed.
Rude.
I don't like the sound of the loud wind and now there is no one to save me from the wind monster or whatever is out there.
Good thing I have my whistle.....
Adventures of today?
Work.
Nothing too exciting.
Basically the same as every other day.
Except for today I decided to do something great.
I got a fish.
Again.
Except this time I got him from the Petsmart in Orem.
In case you forgot the AF Petsmart is full of dream killers.
Plus the Orem store is soo much better.
I mean really....
Look at all the toys that they have for their fish!
Unfortunatly my fish bowl wasn't big enough for any of them.
It just so happened that my BFF Jill was available to go with me.
Its tradition.
She is always there when I purchase a new friend.
We drove drove drove to Petsmart and picked one out.
I probably sat there for approximatly 20 mintues trying to pick one out, finding the right food, and then gazing at all the other fish tanks and wishing I had a big giant filtered tank so I could watch them all day long.
There was a sign next to the Betta fish saying they were for beginners and should live for 3-4 years.
I need beginning fish.
I need a long life expectancy.
I can't deal with anymore heartbreak.
This much can't be good at any age.
I finally picked the blue one and we walked towards the check out stand...
... after we looked at the small rodents.
I want a guinea pig like Buggsy.
The lady at the check out stand was a very nice lady.
I wanted to name the fish Carlos.
It just came to me one morning when driving to work.
She wanted to name him Noodles.
I like Noodles.
Hopefully it sticks.
After the purchase we decided to go get some food with the new friend.
Our first outing together.
JCW's.
Fries. Bacon Ranch Burger. Banana Shake. Diet Coke.
and Sushi.
....jk. That's just the fish.
We ate and it was a joyous experience.
Go check out the new JCW's in Provo.
It's wonderful.
I think I will marry JCW's.
As we dropped off BFF Jill at her little home in Provo she insisted that our new little friend buckled up for the drive home.
She buckled him in all by herself.
It lasted until I exited the parking lot.
I didn't think it was safe to go 5 mph on a 50 mile road just to make sure that fishy didn't fall out of his seatbelt.
It's fine that people looked at me like I was a crazy when they saw I was holding a fish.
They're just jealous.
As soon as we got home, I found the bowl and we moved him in quick.
He is a mean looking fish.
I think his name should be meany.
Consider yourself lucky that you can't see his eyes.
They're not full of rainbow and butterflies to say the least.
Oh.
That's not the end of the story.
Colten and his other half, Tyler, wanted to feed little fishies to it to see if the rumors were true, if it would actually eat other fish.
They were quickly out the door.
A half hour later they came home with 3 cute little gold fish friends.
Good thing my mother woudn't let them feed the babies to the big mean Betta.
Now I have 4 fish.
Noodles (Carlos), Walter, Blanche, and Phyllis.
Let's all hope they live for more than no days.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOORAY! I knew a Betta would / could / should be your friend. :) I'm writing you from the last yearbook deadline of the year... and the last one for me! Just thought I'd share. (I spelled Betta wrong the first time, hence the removal of my first post.)

    ReplyDelete