Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day 257.

Sometimes when you’re in college your roomies leave you all by yourself for the night…
And Travis [the fish] isn’t there to protect you due to the fact that the neighbors are kind enough to babysit him over the holiday weekend.
Fact.
Bedtime last night was 10:30.
I’m pleased to say that my night consisted of ironing and hanging up my clothes.
I know….
Living the dream.
In the end it was all worth it.
The adventures at work would’ve been too much to handle without enough sleep.
It all started when we [Leticia. Mandy. Me.]remembered it was time to find Christmas.
We began our journey to the holidays by getting the basement key from University Communications.
They were sticklers about giving us the key….
It was obvious that they were jealous that we were decorating and they weren’t.
Let me tell you….
The basement in the Kimball is a sketchy place…..
A very sketchy place.
We were almost positive that it was full of ghosts of Ricks College past….
Though there were none to be found we did find an unusual amount of hula-hoops, old desks, and police bikes.
After spending [way too much] time in the basement…
It came to pass that it was time to start bringing in the Christmas spirit.
Win.
The tree was fluffed and set up in the corner; the lights were put on and began to decorate.
Super win.
Due to the fact that the Housing and Student Living Office ornaments were sent to surplus…
We had to make our own.
Everyone in the office is now a proud owner of a Quinci or Mandy original.
Jealous?
In the end…
The tree was wonderful.
Troy [the director] even ended up at the top.
Think of it as a….
Organizational chart.
[Notice.I’m at the top.  Win.]
And now I’m home.
I love being home.
I love being able to sit at my kitchen table and do whatever I want.
I love being able to eat real life food.
I love being able to sleep in my own bed.
I was ready for a vacation.
Thanksgiving break came at the perfect time.

No comments:

Post a Comment