Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 255.

In general…
I consider myself to be a [relatively] happy person.
I don’t usually let my emotions get the best of me.
Usually being the key word.
Tonight….
Well…
I don’t exactly know what got a hold of my mind.
Story time.
Today I woke up not in a good mood.
Do you know why?
Because I didn’t go to bed in a good mood.
It was late and I was irrationally thinking about my life.
Thought.
Not recommended.
I didn’t sleep good.
I even bought myself 2 pop tarts for breakfast…
That’s how you know there is a problem.
Pop tarts?
I’m not 5…..
Thought.
Fast forward.
No one really cares about the events of my day.
The day was really long…
Work was really long…
Everyone there just wanted to go home…
I just wanted to go home and go to bed…
Unfortunately there other things on my list of things to do….
Such as laundry, homework, and a quick run to the store.
Me and Emma went on a super top secret adventure to purchase $1 bread and $1 butter….
I got home and a friend was sitting at my kitchen table with the roomies…
Eating their Mac & Cheese and chips.
Psh.
Men.
It all happened very fast.
Suddenly she was standing in front of me…
Trying to explain…
Then I was yelling…
And then I ran away.
It had all built up inside and it had to get out….
And it sure [as heck] came out.
I’m pretty sure I’ve never yelled at anyone in my life…
Until this point.
Fact.
Not a fan.
I didn’t think I had it in me.
But apparently I did.
Those who witnessed told me they didn’t think that I had it in me…
That they were waiting for me to break out in laughter…
But instead I just ran.
The friend who was eating the Mac & Cheese and chips ran for the door as soon as he could.
I don’t think I have seen a human try to get out of a room so fast in my life…
Fact.
He ran out of the room so fast that he even took our hand drying towel…
He was mid hand drying.
Poor guy….
He had no idea what he was in for when he walked through our front door.
He had me start walking to the car and he stayed back to talk to Meg..
He told her that everything would be okay and we’d be friends again within the hour.
We went for a drive and sat in the Wal-Mart parking lot for over an hour talking about everything.
It wasn’t his to fix…
But he fixed it anyways.
We had a nice chat about why I came to this school and the events leading up to me being here again in the winter time.
He then told me it was now my turn to fix it.
He bought the peace offering….
A large Diet Dr. Pepper.
He bought himself chocolate milk…
Possibly to keep him from going into shock…
[oops…]
Meg.
I love you.
I’m sorry I yelled at you.
I’m sorry I took it all out on you.
You didn’t deserve it.
You’ve stuck with me the past month…
You’ve woken me up mid-nightmare and bought me treats to get me to eat food…
You’ve dealt with my snotty, selfish attitude…
You’ve been there for me the mornings that I wasn’t able to wake myself up…
You’ve been there to tell me my outfit isn’t very cute.
Like you always say….
We’ve been married for 39 years…
We might as well make it to 50.
J
Thought.
It’s really too bad that we didn’t have someone recording this whole ordeal…
I’m sure the looks on all of our faces were priceless…..

No comments:

Post a Comment