Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 252.

Do you know why I love working in the Housing and Student Living office?
It may or may not be because it’s a job…
It may or may not be because of the my work family…
It may or may not be because of the early morning meetings….
It may or may not be because I love answering the phones saying “Housing and Student Living Office, this is Quinci. How can I help you?”……
It may or may not be the food that sometimes sits on the back counter…
It may or may not be the interesting people that call or come in…
It may or may not be because I get to do coin….
Actually.
It is because I get to do coin…
Once…
Often twice a week.
Win.
Do not even fret.
Today me and Mandy had quite the adventures in Coin.
It all started out when we had to empty the ENTIRE Biddulph coin machine and carry it up to work.
Oh bless.
Our [big &Strong] arms couldn’t handle it….
No worries….
We made it up to the accounting office and things were just grand.
We headed back out to do the other dorms and things were going great….
Until we got halfway done…
We were able to pull the quarters out of the washing machine and out of the dryers….
But when it came time to check the change machine we noticed something odd…
The key marker (things…) didn’t line up.
Tampering?
Possibly.
After we had tried and failed we did the only thing we could do…
We called Lynette.
She then directed campus security our way…
Once Mandy had made sure that he wasn’t interrogating her he called the Rexie Police.
Win.
We were standing in that complex for approximately 45 minutes.
We came to the conclusion that it was considered property damage…
And possible attempted theft.
Yes.
It happens in Rexie.
Campus security assured us that if we were in California then it would’ve been considered attempted burglary.
Win.
No need to fret.
I was even discrete enough to get a picture….
Super Win.

It was super unfortunate that I had to miss math at 10:15…
What can I say?
I was unavoidable detained.
Next time I’ll make it…
Next time…
English was bearable…
Sitting in front of the aquarium for an hour in the Romney building…
Halfway bearable.
Actually.
Me and this [not-so-strange tan] man from my class spoke of fish.
Win.
Quality conversation.
Then Derek came in and we looked at all the rocks and headed to the library to do science homework.
Win.
Work?
Not quite as entertaining as my earlier shift…
But almost.
I headed home from work only to talk to Bff Jill and then got ready for the outing of the night….
Guess.

Japanese film festival.
Win.
I even made Meg and Emma stay the whole time…
Because they made us sit on the front row.
No worries.
It was for Meg’s class.
I loved it.
Quite possibly the most relaxing 2 hours of my life.
On the way home we passed a man’s Frisbee game…
We had to stop.
Naturally.
And [naturally] we froze.
No biggie…
We’re used to it in Rexie.
Thought.
Sometimes people say things…
And you just have to put on your big kid pants, get over it and move on.
Oh the joys.

No comments:

Post a Comment