Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 251.

I thought it was just going to be another day in Rexie…
Sitting in math class doing a [5th grade] activity with M&M’s…
[But I wasn’t going to complain because I happen to love chocolate treats].
You see….
Once upon a time due to life’s recent events I just wanted to go home.
Really bad.
Really.
It was going to be like a super extended vacation from Rexie.
Don’t get me wrong..
I love being here Rexie more than anything….
But [I thought] I needed a break.
I just going to go home, find a job, and take up a new hobby…
Such as knitting or winter bird watching or working out.
[….the working out part was a joke.]
But then today it all came together.
During a meeting with Sherstin and Leticia about addendum stuff…
My future came up.
[Yes. Me. Little Quinci has a future….]
The fact that I was going home at the end of the semester only to come back in the springtime came up…
But then it came to pass that they had one last spot for a part time employee aka 20 hour work weeks.
It was mine…
Only if my mother said it was okay.
I laughed.
My mother has been using my bedroom as a sewing room…
She may or may not want me to come home so she can keep her room.
Anyways…
It all fell in place.
I talked to the financial people and everything is going to [or supposed to] transfer smoothly…
I’m going to get 20 hours a week…
I’m going to be able to take 12 credits to get a head in my classes…
I wasn’t fond of the idea of freezing and finally seeing a real Rexie wintertime…
I may or may not be a tad bit scared.
I now get to start all over again…
New apartment.
New roomies.
New everything.
But…..
It’s a fresh start.
Win.
Oh the joys of being old[er].
I realize that not much money will be saved….
But can you really put a price on my sanity?
Someone is watching out for me.
Someone has something planned for me.
Winter 2012….
Watch out.
Me and Travis are coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment