Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 246.

11.11.11
The only thing I can think of when I see a date like this is weddings.
Once upon a time when I was young[er] and worked and a reception center EVERYONE had to have their weddings on dates such as todays.
We dreaded it.
We hated it.
Not that we didn’t have fun….
But really.
It was a drag.
It wasn’t uncommon to have 6 events in one day.
Remember 08.08.08?
Yeah.
That was my first dreadful work date.
Yet..
I remember it like it was yesterday.
I’m so glad I’m done with that phase of my life.
Don’t fret.
I celebrated the vast 11’s seen throughout the day.
Me and Jacie event went to the unveiling of the 11.11.11 sale at the book store.
It was a joke.
We were the first ones there and we got pushed to the back.
No worries.
It wasn’t anything climatic.
We didn’t buy anything…
We were just there to see the crowd and watch them swarm things like flies.
The entertainment was priceless.
We went.
We watched.
We went to our 11:30 classes.
Work was good.
Classes were good.
In Advanced Writing and Reasoning we are talking about maps.
Our mind maps.
And we’re writing a paper on Nibley.
Win.
Now I dream of Nibley and reasoning connections.
False.
Obviously I’m still dreaming of things much scarier than writing assignments because Meg says that she is waking me up at night….
After work I headed to Rachel’s apartment where we licked envelopes…
Aka put together Kiah’s wedding invites.
Party.
We may or may not have gotten 300 done in a little over an hour.
Win.
We figured that due to our dedication we needed a treat.
But first we had to stop by Jace’s apartment to kick him in the shins for letting Brett borrow the car….
Kick.
No worries.
Rachel said that me and Jace don’t even act like slash look like siblings.
Odd.
Due to the lack of a car we did the next best thing.
Subway.
Don’t fret.
We got home from Subway.
And she decided that she wanted to walk to broulims to get a treat…..
It may or may not have taken her FOREVER to make up her mind….
No big deal.
The only real reason we walked to Broulims was to get a fruit roll.
A 69 cent fruit roll.
Just like the ones I used to get at Food-4-Less when I was a small child.
Did I mention that we walked in the freezing cold aka 28 degrees to get a 69 cent treat?
Wow.
Rachel.
I must love you or something.
No need to fret.
We found a house with Christmas lights.
If there is one thing you should know about Rachel it’s that she loves Christmas time.
Love doesn’t even begin to really explain her relationship with the Christmas season.
So…
She had to get her picture taken with the house…
Even though it was 10ish and extremely dark.

Merry [almost] Christmas…
Also.
I hope you remembered to make a wish at 11.11.11 11:11…
Because I forgot…

No comments:

Post a Comment