Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 152.

So there was this one time that the adventures last night went really late.
We made it back in time to get in bed just before 1 am.
I was exhausted.
I also had to get up at 6 am for a field trip.
Teton Dam. Island Park. Madison Slide. Cabin Creek. Hebgen reservoir. Mesa Falls.
I got up, got ready, and packed my field trip sack lunch.
Buses met for takeoff t 7:30 and we headed out of the BYUIC parking lot at 7:45.
The drive was soo long.
First we headed to the Teton Dam where we heard how it was a 1000 year flood and Rexie and surrounding areas were completely flooded in 1976.
The drive from there was up to the caldera of a volcano that had erupted 2.2 billion years ago.
During that drive we passed the Grand Teton Mountains.
They were unbelievable.
The next stop was the Hebgen Reservoir area.
Years ago it was a camp ground, but a land slide turned it into a mass grave.
We watched videos in the visitors center and hiked to the memorial .
Chicago wind has nothing on Idaho wind.
We saw how the area was affected by what had happened. 
Growth was just beginning to return to the hill where the
slide occurred and see the trees poking out of the water?
Mass flooding had occurred.
It was so unreal that something like that could actually occur

The adventure continued as we got back on our huge travel busses.

On the way to the next stop we passed an area in which the church owns.

Did you know the church buys things from interesting people aka the mafia?
There is a church owned [biology] learning center in the middle of nowhere which was formerly owned by a plastic surgeon working with the mafia.

When the church bought it, it was full of secret rooms and dog runs, and a bunch of other sketchy stuff.

I don’t give the mafia enough credit….

Idaho was a smart spot to hide from everyone who was hunting them.

If I was chasing the mafia I wouldn’t think to look in Idaho…

It’s full of potatoes, college students, and nothing.

All the sudden as we’re driving through a bunch of trees I see sign that catches my eye.

“Welcome to Montana.”

What the?

I am pleased to say that I made my first ever trip to Montana yesterday and was able to spend a lovely afternoon there.

We were pleased with the fact that we had passed the continental divide and were now in thee Atlantic drainage area.

Basically if I spit in Idaho if would flow to the Pacific Ocean….

But if I spit in Montana it would flow to the Atlantic Ocean.
Sketch.

We continued the adventure, hit some other stops [which I can’t really remember] and headed back to Idaho.

Oh! We stopped in an area where the freeway all the sudden goes missing and you can find it again a quarter of a mile away.

Watch where you drive.

By then I had made a friend with a human, which of whom we share a mutual friend.

We walked around together and talked about random things.

Next stop: Mesa Falls.

On the way to Mesa Falls was kind enough to put on a movie for us.
What about Bob?

Classic.
When we got to the falls it began raining on us…
But the falls were amazing.
Me and the new friend tried to figure out ways that he could jump onto the rock 50 feet away, in the middle of the water to get his picture taken.
Unfortunately [or rather fortunately] we figured it would get us kicked out of class and Mesa Falls.
We took pictures for strangers visiting the area and then headed back the bus.

The way back I slept and played a game with myself called why the heck does the kid behind me have a nasty mustache and how could I shave it off/pull it out while he isn’t looking.

No.

This is not me confessing that I talk to myself.

After a long day, the busses pulled into the BYUIC round about at 5:30 and I headed home.
Now it was time to party.
I played dress up and we headed out the door.
Me and Michelle and Jake went to Guitars Unplugged in the Hart and played a few games.
‘Who doesn’t want to be here’ and ‘whose here on an awkward date.’
Then we listened to the performers.
The we danced.
Or rather they danced around me and I just stared at them awkwardly.
It tends to happen.
We headed home around 10 so we could get some homework done.
It was a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment