Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 142.

Thought.
You know your roomies (aka Michelle) really love you when they put a sign on the front door reminding you to deodorize.
Yes.
They care about me that much.
They don’t want me to stink either.
They’re troopers.
Today was full of adventures.
In child development Sister Lawrence brought her 4 year old, Eli, and he demonstrated theory of mind.
But we couldn’t laugh with him or at him.
He [apparently] gets mad.
That’s okay.
He was super cute.
During Book of Mormon my nose was running as bad as who knows what so I left during to go let the nastiness out.
As I headed to the bathroom a girl walked in right before me.
She had thee same exact cold.
We blew our noses together and she wished me luck as she walked out.
By then my nose was so raw…
Ouch.
Back to class [which soon ended]
In typical fashion, me and Kristie walked home together speaking of the most recent happenings on the Bachelorette.
I love William. And West. And the Dentist.
But mostly William.
Mickey is attractive… too attractive.
Bentley.
Well.
He just makes me want to throw up in my mouth.
I came home, jumped into my snuggie, finished ND and took a nap.
Enya sang me to sleep.
Good ‘ol Enya.
Class was good.
Came home and avoided doing homework until me, Michelle, Jace, and Colten headed to the store.
Best purchase of the day?
$1.47 for Puffs Plus with Vicks.
I decided I needed to splurge on good tissues since my nose had been rubbed raw.
Thought.
DO NOT PUT LOTION ON YOUR NOSE WHEN IT IS RAW.
It hurts like you wouldn’t believe.
Obviously I forgot that and my nose continues to be red.
Its fine.
Me and Mr. Puff Plus are now best friends forever.


The real adventures started after.
HEG was planned for 7 o’clock.
We were combining with another group and therefore we met in 311.
We planned on playing soccer and Frisbee outside….
But Rexie likes to rain.
Actually.
It was pouring.
I opted out since I was sick, but many more went to the fields to play.
About an hour and a half later Sarah is [almost] carryinEmma through the door.
I have no clue what actually happened…
But Emma ended up falling on her head.
Twice.
Knocking the wind out of her and making her extremely nauseas.
We laid he down on the couch [obviously] not knowing what to do.
We asked a few people who may or may not of known what to do.
Then we called Mama Connor.
We decided that we needed to take her to the hospital to make sure she didn’t have a concussion.
Fortunately we have awesome boys nearby and Colten and Jace were able to come over within the minute and give her a blessing before we headed to the hospital.
We checked her in.
The nurse came and got her.
Within a half hour or so she was back out with us.
Possibly a minor concussion.
We’re supposed to check on her every 2 hours while she sleeps.
Thankfully everything is all good.
Dang.
The ER is not exactly my favorite place to be at 10:00 on a Monday night.
The first thing Emma said when she got out was that the nurse wasn’t very nice.
Oh Emma.
Let’s pray that everything heals up quick and we don’t have to head back tomorrow.
We love you baby Emma.
Oh the joys and adventures that college brings.
Hopefully that’s the first and the last night spent sitting in the waiting room at the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment