Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 151.

Friday is always thee most looked forward to day in the week.
Especially today.
I only had one class…
But it just so happened to be the one at 7:45.
Ugh.
I got up the usual time, got ready for class, and Sara Bareilles serenaded me as I walked to the Clarke.
I always wonder why I get up and go to class when its only an hour and then I remember why.
Education isn’t free anymore.
Class was over soon enough and as far as I remember I was able to stay awake the whole time.
After class I walked into a strange building which I don’t frequent so much, walked to the quiet corner on the second floor, plugged my computer in, and started my homework.
It’s official.
The library is a magical place.
I was there for a couple of hours and got enough done.
The adventure for [early in] the day was building cakes.
A friend of the brother was turning 19 and so he figured a cake was a necessity.
But first we drove to IF to get him some hair stuff.
We love driving adventures.
We got home and began our cake building.
He wanted a fish.
I poured.
He mixed.
I baked.
He frosted and decorated.
Let’s be completely honest.
I was really quite impressed with his creativity and decorating skills.
Are you impressed as well?
You should be.
Later that evening I was able talk to the [old] roomie on the phone.
We chatted it up like we still lived together.
It was great fun.
While I was talking to her I remembered I needed to go get my ticket for Spring 2011 Guitars Unplugged.
After I picked it up from the machine I decided to stay outside since it was so nice…
It was decided that I was just going to sit at the stadium.
Don’t fret.
Guess who was there?
Mr.TA man.
I’m not stalking him.
I promise.
Once I saw him, I remembered that he had announced that he had a game Friday at 7.
Oops.
I watched for a while then decided not to make things awkward and left.
Yes.
I realize that he did come sit next to me in class and we talked…..
Baby steps…
I headed home and the roomies were ready to go roller skating.
Don’t fret [again]
There was no one there to give us skates or anything.
Ugh [again].
We moved to the next alternative.
Pizza [with crazy crust] and baseball games.
We weren’t there for that long before Jake texted and said we were going to a bonfire in IF.
We drove drove drove and got off at some exit I didn’t know even existed.
We drove some more until we turned onto a little dirt road in between a house and a telephone pole.
We drove on a sketchy road.
We walked down a sketchy dirt road next to a canal.
We were picked up by a man in a big white truck.
We drove through a barley field.
We ended up at a fire right next the Snake River.
We were there for a short amount of time until things got sketchy.
Sketchy.
We decided that since we didn’t get to have any super adventures and since Emma wouldn’t jump into the Snake River we needed to get a treat.
McDonalds to the rescue.
Chocolate dipped cones.
So much better than Arctic Circle.
We saw pre-pubescent teens walking through a dark parking lot.
That was odd.
We drove home.
Thank heavens Jake was driving because the 3 girls fell asleep.
Exciting part of the night?
Being in Jakes car when it hit 10,000 miles.
Woo.
Hoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment