Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 189.

If you know me well, you know that I love a few things:
Doughnuts.
Crappy hot chocolate.

McDonalds.
Journals/blogging.
Walks.
Café rio.
Parks.
Diet coke and Reese’s.
JCW’s Bacon Ranch burger.
Sweatshirts/sweatpants.
Sitting outside on Sunday nights with the family.
Boots.
Travis [the fish].
Friends.
Peanut butter filled pretzels.
The creek.
White shirts.
Don’t fret.
My mother found me some more white shirts today.
Ta-Da.
Are you pleased?
I am.
Today…
I went back to Nuskin.
I pulled into the parking lot and wanted to run away.
I saw some old friends which made it okay and talked to a recent graduate of BYU-I.
I clocked in and was assigned to be upstairs for the shift…
Packaging.
Party?
Problem.
The paper machine.
We don’t get along.
Its programmed so that when you push the foot pedal, paper will shoot out at you through the machine.
Keep in mind that the place the paper exits just so happens to line up perfectly with my face.
Ugh.
When I get stressed out or something my foot somehow to push the button…
Ta-da.
Paper in the face.
I think Bob [the other human up there] got quite the laugh out of it.
Lets just say it was quite possibly the most boring shift of my life.
Work was so slow.
I may or may not have been talking to myself by the end of it all.
“Quinci…. Stay in school.”
“Quinci…. Marry and old rich guy so you never have to think about this again.”
“Quinci… Get over the fact that people are spending more on wrinkle crèmes than you are spending on a semesters worth of tuition.”
“Quinci…. Your face is in the way of the paper.”
“Quinci… It’s not okay to sing to Justin Beiber while working even though he’s on the radio right next to you.”
“Quinci… It’s time for you to go home.”
I’m pretty sure I was more entertained by those painting the walls.
Nuskin is so pleased to announce their new paint color….
The bright and cheery and motivating…..
White.
Oh wait….
That’s none of those things.
Oh well.
Someone forgot to tell the painters.
On the way home I stopped to see Aly in her new little apartment.
14 more days.
[Don’t forget the bridesmaid dress!]
I headed home…
We ate dinner…
Watched True Grit for FHE…
And I got to talk to the boyfriend J
Wanna know one of my top 10 favorite things about the boyfriend?
I can talk about the weirdest, most random things that he probably doesn’t want to talk about slash doesn’t care about….
And he’ll just humor me and listen.
He’s a fantastic human.

No comments:

Post a Comment