Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 190.

Waking up this morning was like waking up during an opera…
Oh wait.
It was.
I was so fortunate to wake up to Colten and Jace singing…..
At 7:30…..
I really woke up around 9:30, got ready, and headed to work.
Today wasn’t so bad….
I was stuck with the scanner…
It wasn’t too bad.
4 hours and I was out of that place.
As I was leaving I told myself I deserved a diet coke.
I headed home, but not before making a quick stop and the local library.
I needed some books.
The boyfriend gave me and couple but they were nowhere to be found.
So I went to an old friend…
Chaim Potok.
I cannot wait to start reading his books….
But being the LDS girl that I am…
I [naturally] found my way over to Jack Weyland.
I looked up and grabbed the first one that I didn’t recognize.
This is what I saw.
They always say not to judge a book by its cover.
Well….
That’s exactly why I picked this book.
I’m halfway through and it’s making its way up my list.
I can’t figure out if Jenny is going to wait for Bruce or just fall in love with Kevin.
The suspense is killing me.
Jack Weyland doesn’t give any clues as to how it’s going to end….
[I hope you sense the sarcasm here….]
After reading for a while me and jace got all ready to head to institute.
Dating and Courtship.
Me and Jace sure know how to find the cool classes.
We may or may not have driven all the way to Orem for it…
Do you know what I learned?
The habits of lovable people include the following:
Financial planning/tithing/budgeting.
Gratitude.
Temple attendance.
Forgiveness/patience.
Keeping up appearances.
Humility.
Favorite date idea from the 3 pages that were given to us?
’60. Collect rocks and make rock people- and a rock village.’
Class was really good.
I came home and got to talk to the boyfriend for a [long] while.
It was fantastic.
I caught a bug and wanted him to eat it….
Then he decided he wanted to play a game called ‘Let’s pretend we’re stranded on an island and that bug is the only thing left to eat. You eat it.’
Strange human…. J

1 comment: