Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day 203.


Guess what.
This weekend was the best.
It truly was.
It all started when I got off of work early.
2:30 to be exact.
I was ready to be done with work.
One day I will love my job.
Anyways….
The boyfriend found a way for me to get up there for free….
I was driving up a Honda Civic that was going to be having some work done.
Yes.
Me and this car are best friends forever now.
It was my first time driving by myself on the freeway.
It was most defiantly a bonding experience.
Driving to Idaho isn’t too bad.
Once you get into Idaho it’s beautiful and the drive becomes a breeze……
Probably because there is no on the road.
Haha…..
True story.
I got there [finally] and everything was great.
I made it just in time to make and launch my paper rocket.
Problem.
I’m no engineer aka mine blew up before it even got into the air.
The rest of the night was great.
Spending time with the Simmons family is always great.
The games began.
Don’t fret.
We played Ticket to Ride and guess who won….
Not me.
We went to bed around 1 and morning time came way super early.
Two words:
Water skiing.
We were up at 6:45 and on the lake by 8ish.
It was freezing.
Sweats were a must.
Jacob, Shayla, and Lane showed off their skills and then it was my turn.
Oh heavens.
Let just say that the last time I did anything this exciting was when I attempted to ride a horse.
I’ve got quite a few impressive bruises.
The rest of the day was filled with a soccer game, Chinese food, cleaning the boat, watching The Man from Snowy River, stake conference, and some more games.
Sunday morning came with preparing for Stake Conference and then listening to different speakers.
It was great.
We came home and everyone helped as we got ready for lunch/dinner.
Roast and potatoes and fruit and salad and scones and cobbler.
Yum.
I was so pleased.
It was delicious.
After lunch/dinner was cleaned up it was game time.
Pinochle.
One of boyfriends favorite games.
I’ve never played.
Problem?
Yep.
Sorry boyfriend…
We lost.
It was around 5 when me and the boyfriend packed up the car and headed down to Utah.
I have never seen boyfriend so excited to drive.
Our ride home was soooo nice.
Infiniti aka luxury vehicle.
Yes.
He stayed under 80 the whole way back.
It was nice when we finally got home and were welcomed by chocolate chip and banana cookies and a few games of pool.
Mason feels the need to play Jacob in pool every time he comes down.
I don’t remember who won….
But I assume it was boyfriend.
It’s fine because he beat me too.
We headed to bed late…..
But we had to get up early…..
We had a 2005 GMC Envoy waiting for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment