Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 208.

Did you know that its 262 miles from my house in Pleasant Grove to Boyfriends house in Iona?
[Did you know that Iona is a real place?]
That’s like 3 and a half hours on the freeway.
Wow.
I must really like him a lot.
Friday was a great day.
I didn’t have to work, so me and my mother delighted ourselves to Café Rio after a visit to the cellular phone store.
[Just in case you’re wondering…. I don’t purposely hang up on people. It just happens.]
I haven’t been to Café Rio since I moved home and I sure felt deprived.
After making a batch of cookies and getting my book on tape I was ready for the journey.
Once I got there it was time for dinner and other adventures.
We got the tubes out and were ready to float the ditch.
Don’t fret.
There are pictures…..
Boyfriend is just holding them hostage.
No worries.
I’ll give you a mental image.
Me. Boyfriend. Shannon. Shane.
4 people.
Ditch in the middle of fields.
Cows were looking at us like we were freaks.
[Yes. Cows think like that.]
Possibly 3-5 feet deep.
The water was freezing and the occasional bridge slash fence made us jump out and go over or push our way under.
I thought I was going to manage not getting wet…..
That was a fail.
It was great until we had gotten to Grandma and Grandpa Smith’s and the cement bridge came.
I lost both my tube and Shane’s shoes.
Oops.
Then I had to swim under a fence.
Super wet.
It was a blast.
We finished up and headed back home, rinsed off, and then had a fire waiting for us in the backyard.
S’mores?
Yes.
We sat and talked and all that good stuff for a while and then we decided that it was time to do something…..
Like crash a 16 year olds birthday party.
We headed down to visit Nicole and wish her a happy birthday.
Being the college students that Boyfriend and Shane are….
They had to cause some sort of chaos.
Let’s just say that 2 grown college men shouldn’t hang out with teenagers.
They break things […..and people.]
The rest of the night was spent watching Follow Me Boys and waiting for Shannon to get home from her midnight movie.
It was around 3 am by the time we headed to bed.
The next morning started around 9:30….
When I dragged myself from under the covers and headed upstairs to find waffles.
Yes.
I love waffles [especially with peanut butter and syrup.]
It wasn’t too long before me, Boyfriend, and Shannon headed to the temple.
The Idaho Falls Temple was great but I think I still prefer the Timpanogos Temple.
Although I always love the temple workers even when they have to humor me when I mess everything up.
No worries.
It all worked out in the end.
We headed home, changed, and got out the guns.
Literally.
We headed up into the hills, placed our targets, and pulled the trigger.
I decided to be really cool and shoot the pop can with the pistol.

Bam.
Actually….
It was more like a BOOM.
Boyfriend [basically] exploded a dressing container with the shot gun….
And the pop can with the SKS…
It was around 3:30 or so when I [finally] heard the shower calling my name.
I had to get ready because that night we were heading to the bff’s Idaho open house and going on a date.
Shane came and picked us up around 5:30, we got our stuff and headed to pick up his date.
[Shane and Chelsea were on a blind date…. P.S.]
We made our way to the open house, visited for a bit, ate some food, and then headed out.
We had super adventures to embark on.
Dinner was provided by Sam’s club.
We ordered a pizza and drinks.
For some odd reason my drink decided to jump out of my cup and land on my shirt.
We walked around for a bit while the pizza was cooking and made ourselves at home when we found the living room display.
Big screen tv and leather couches?
Home.
As me and Boyfriend picked up the pizza he asked Cara [the human who made it] if we could eat the pizza anywhere in the store that we would like.
She replied, “Yes.”
We took it back to the house display area and decided to sit at the dining room display.
We did have a worker human kinda sorta tell us we weren’t supposed to eat there…
But we assured her we would be careful.
We were.
We even had napkins and offered her a piece.
Once we were done we headed to Reed’s dairy where we got ice cream and visited the petting zoo.
I was deprived of petting zoos as a small child so I may or may not have found this to be thee greatest thing.
A calf sucked on my fingers and petted baby goats and mini horses.
We weren’t there long before we headed to the green belt.
We rode tandem bikes and long boards along the Snake River.
At night.
It was great.
Except for when boyfriend went fast.
I wasn’t exactly a fan.
Oh well.
We made it to the other side and sat and chatted and then headed home.
The date was a blast.
Even though I don’t kiss in public…..
[bahahaha….. but really.]
Thanks [again] boyfriend.
Sunday came super early [especially] when the singles ward starts at 9.
It was fine though because his mom made us French toast.
Did you know that I love French toast almost as much as I love doughnuts?
True story.
The day was good.
It was good to see his grandparents and we even got to see the bff one more time.
On the way home picking up bffs wedding stuff he stopped and we picked a flower.
[its currently still alive in my room.]

This weekend was a blast.
The drive home wasn’t super exciting….
I’m not a fan of driving in stormy weather but I survived.
Hopefully next weekend will be equally as great.

No comments:

Post a Comment