Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 192.


Unfortunately I don’t think I’m going to make it to 365 days of blogging by the end of the year.
This weekend?
Fantastic.
Lots of adventures.
The boyfriend came down from Idaho.
I was so pleased.
He told me he wasn’t going to be here until around 10 but he was able to head out of Idaho around 2 and got here around 6.
Once he got here we got him fed and headed to the much awaited reception…..
Intern finally got married.
I’m pretty sure we’ve waited for this day since she became our intern last semester of my senior year.
It’s fine that I’m blurry in this picture….
It’s the event that’s important.
I’m pretty sure boyfriend was more entertained by crazy Tim’s arc than he was by the reception.
We left the reception and headed back to the Decker household where we discussed life and other things with Robin, Drew, and Holly.
Boyfriend had man talk with Drew as they discussed Megs Valentine ’s Day present.
Boyfriend wanted to go shopping so we headed to Ross.
We sat on the floor while he tried on shoes.
He asked me to pick out which ones I thought were the most Jacob.
Unfortunately the ones I picked weren’t….
Ooops.
After he had purchased 2 pairs of shoes we headed to Provo to see the sister, the brother in law, and the baby.
We hung out with them all night.
Party.
It eventually came time for me to head home so I grabbed the boyfriend’s keys and drove home.
We were a tad bit worried that he wasn’t going to be able to find his way back…..
Don’t fret.
Me and the boyfriend’s car are best friends forever.
Me, Taylor Swift, and the car were probably thee hottest things on the road at 1 am.
I may or may not be in love with this car….
The adventures started the next day around 9.
The younger brother had lacrosse championships.
It only took me approximately way too long to find the game.
I was a tad bit paranoid that I’d end up on the freeway but instead I ended up on the sketchy side of the underpass.
We watched the game….
Lacrosse is combination of field hockey, soccer, basketball, hockey, and ballet.
Breakfast was calling our name after so we headed back to his sisters and made breakfast and played with baby.
Hashbrowns. Bacon. Eggs. Muffins. Orange Julius.
We played blockus…
I lost…
BUT….
I placed my single piece right in the middle of where he was going to perfectly fit his awkward piece.
He wasn’t too pleased.
I can’t remember what we did for the next couple of hours but it was soon time for boyfriend to experience long boarding down Provo Canyon.
The first part was extremely fast….
The last half was a leisurely ride.
We ran around looking at every skate shop around in search of the wheels that he wanted.
[Michelley….. This is where we saw your bikes. This is where we missed you dearly.]
It was around 6 and time for dinner.
We were all ready to go when boyfriend fell asleep on the couch…..
Typical old men :)
He woke up and we headed out.
Originally we were going to get waffles but then decided that it wasn’t going to fill the men up.
Thai Ruby.
We each got something to share.
It was soo good going down…..
[story to continue in approximately 5 seconds….]
We ate and then headed up to the BYU campus.
The Clyde Building.
Boyfriend and Brother in law share the same major so Lane decided to show off the toys that BYU has
to offer.
I thought we were never going to let boyfriend leave.
Ever.
He was like a kid in a candy store…
We headed out and Kevin [aka stomach] decided that something wasn’t right.
No bueno.
We walked to the car and I tried to tell Kevin to behave.
Didn’t work.
By the time we were driving in the car I was telling myself no.
“Quinci. Hold it in. Do NOT throw up especially in the car. Run away.”
“Quinci. Don’t even think about it. Look out the window.”
“Sparkles.”
We finally got back to the house and I ran out of the parking garage as I prayed that there would be grass somewhere.
I tried to hold it in.
I really did.
….BLAAAAAH.
But out it came.
Perfect.
Just what I needed.
Throwing up on their grass.
I’m sure I’m their favorite person now.
Thai food and Kevin got in a fight…..
And the Thai food won.
The rest of the night was spent laying on the couch and thinking how awesome me throwing up on the grass was.
All I wanted then was my Strawberry Shortcake blanket and pillows.
Jacob drove me home.
Bless his heart.
I was a tad bit surprised when he showed up to go to church with me and the fam the next day.
Thank heavens my little episode hadn’t scared him away.
He headed over Sunday morning around 10 and we played with the small children and he talked cars with my father.
Man stuff.
Its completely fine that the first thing my dad asked the boyfriend was how I looked as I was throwing up.
Oh bless…..
We headed to church and all was good.
Dinner came after church along with some not so funny jokes.
I think my family decided to play a game called ‘how much can we embarrass Quinci while sitting the dinner table.’
My mother even brought up the baby pictures……
The rest of the afternoon was good.
Boyfriend headed out around 6 and safely arrived back in Idaho.




This weekend was super great.
It’s always nice to be in the same state as the boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment