Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 206.

Wednesday.
Halfway done.
This morning was quite uneventful.
I woke up.
Ate food.
Showered.
Put my hat on.
Brushed my teeth.
Grabbed my other half and headed to work.
I was so pleased that Colty was going to be joining me in the [not so awesome] world of Nuskin distribution.
I started out being best friend with the white flags then after break joined the men of shipping.
Me and Colty had a marvelous time packing the truck….
Even when he decided to make me drop my boxes.
Oh well…..
It may or may not have the longest 4 hours of my life.
Finally we were done and it was time to head home.
I’m pretty sure that the drive home was just as long as the shift.
Once I got home I fought the usual battle with myself:
To nap or not to nap.
Not napping won.
I don’t exactly remember what I did….
But it [obviously] wasn’t too exciting.
We sat down to dinner around 5:30 and had quite the dinner conversation.
We [naturally] asked Kade and Mason if they’d met any cute girls yet.
Keep in mind that Kade just started 7th grade and Mason is still in elementary school.
Kade said he liked this girl who went to a different elementary school [he only knew that due to the fact that her friends were talking about it] and he didn’t go and talk to her. He wouldn’t go talk to a
friend that he had grown up with because this girl he likes might think that he likes her….
Good think he thought about this one.
Mason still is in love with Kylee Carter.
He said that when they get married he’s not gonna call her “like mom” but instead he’ll call her “hot stuff.”
Winner.
The rest of the night was full of talking to my young friends and explaining to a high school girl that you can’t change slash save a boy.
Don’t even try.
You really can’t.
Trip to Idaho plans were finalized and I even attempted to text to boyfriend in Spanish.
Thought.
Don’t trust older brothers with Spanish translations for boyfriends.
They usually think of something dirty.
Thank heavens I already knew that and didn’t repeat anything he said.
I still was trying to figure something out when my mom came out and gave me and idea of something to say.
Pause.
This is the moment that I turned and looked at the expression on Jace’s face.
Priceless.
Apparently what my mother had said was even more dirtier than the things the brother had said.
It was hilarious.
As much as we love you mom….
I don’t think we’ll ask you to do any more Spanish translations J
I talked to boyfriend and we discussed the adventures for weekend.
It’s so unfortunate that I hate the drive up.
But it’s gonna be so great to see the [newly married] bff and her spouse on Saturday night.

Do you know what today is?
Do you?
It’s Mayghen Decker’s 19th Birthday.
Yes.
Meg is a fantastic human and one of my best friends forever…
And ever.
We go way back…
To my junior year in music appreciation.
The days back then were full of yearbook talk, leaving class early to go on yearbook adventures, asking the football player in front of us he wanted to color with us and becoming friends with him [odd], and that was basically it.
I was too afraid to text her and ask if she’d dyed her hair Taylor Swift blonde but we spend prom night together having a movie marathon.
Since then we’ve done plenty more great things.
We had drinks with Robin basically every day, she was my wing girl when I decided to like strange men, movies in the cave every weekend, getting together on Tuesday nights at to watch PLL, sleepovers in the Bronco, hot chocolate runs, flower girls and dough boys, twisty cones, cookies, yearbook
camp, spending way too much time together at school, big flowers and headbands, skank shorts, creek time, youth day, justin beiber finger nail polish, josh groban concerts, cheesey free movies….
The list goes on and on.
She listens to my crazy stories and I listen to hers.
[Both happen frequently]
Though we’ve been attending school 8 hours away from each other we’ve remained to be the best of friends.
I cannot wait to room with her and go on even more adventures in the fall.
I love you Meg!
Happy 19th Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment