Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 213.

Officially moved in?
Nope.
My kitchen boxes are still sitting on the floor and have yet to be touched.
Don’t fret.
The bedroom is finished.
It’s so nice to actually have furniture and feel like it’s finally a home.
It was nice to have the parents up to help and to finally have all my girls here.
The last few days consisted of trying on work appropriate clothes….
Trying on shoes….
Pencil skirts….
Work…
Red Robin burgers….
And other wonderful things.
Do you know why we partied?
Because my mother turned …….
39?
My mother is quite possibly the greatest human that I have ever met.
From the time that we would come home from preschool and would have string cheese and hot dogs waiting for us until now when she called me at 7 am on my first day of work.
I love my mom.
Over the years she’s always been there for me whenever I’ve needed her.
Good times or bad times.
She humored me and got me a zhu zhu pet for Christmas when it was the only think I asked for.
Every Sunday for as long as I can remember she’s always making treats.
She always tried to be home when we got home from school so we wouldn’t have to come home to an empty house.
Me and her had lots of wonderful adventures during my Kevin days.
We could never just go to a doctor’s office….
It always included a trip to lunch.
We like to joke about silent letters and people watch.
We share [or shared] the love of diet coke…..
And café rio.
I love that I can always count on her and she’ll always do her best to give me the best and to fight for me….
Even if it requires switching my 4th grade teacher, and my junior high, and my math teachers.
One day I’ll grow up to be just like my mom.
She’s my best friend and someone I can always count on.
I love you, Mom.
Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment