Saturday, October 15, 2011

Day 230.

Tender Mercies?
Definition (provided by lds.org): personal blessings of strength, loving-kindness, guidance, and many other spiritual gifts.
My definition?
When only my Heavenly Father truly knows how I’m feeling about something and he gives me something to make me feel better. Thoseinvolved may see it as insignificant, but in the end it means the world.
Story time.
Thursday night?
No bueno.
I woke up feeling super upset so I did what any normal human would do…..
I called my mom.
We chatted about life and other such things for a while.
Thank heavens I’d gotten out of work early and my phone didn’t decided to hang up on her multiple times (which is unfortunately a usual occurrence).
Talking to mom always helps…
But sometimes talking on the phone doesn’t cut it.
Still a bit discouraged I went to English.
I had considered not going due to the fact that we were just turning in a paper.
Brother Ward told us we wouldn’t be there for the entire time.
When I got there I sat in my usual spot.
In between the members of the breakfast club.
Well….
Minus one of the club members since he decided to be a no show.
We sat in class and listened and tried to keep ourselves away.
It was a success.
I did not fall asleep.
BFC member obviously could tell something was wrong so he put his arm around me and began to ask me about my day.
I told him just enough for him to understand what was going on.
He talked to me and made me feel better about the situation…
But still not all the way better.
Class was over so I headed to meet boyfriend for lunch.
Boyfriend made bacon hamburgers for lunch on his handy dandy George Foreman grill.
Win.
We ate.
We chatted.
We watched part of Aladdin with the time that we had before he took me to class.
Science was boring.
I also considered not going to that class….
But I did seeing that I had to turn in class project #4.
Yes.
I wrote a story about a rock for that one.
Let’s just say that rock writing is not my calling in life…..
Anyways…
Breakfast club didn’t show up to class.
Yes.
I was a little peeved.
Yes.
I did fall asleep.
Class ended and I walked up to the Kimball building and guess who was there….
Yep.
The breakfast club.
Apparently they had told the kid who sits in front of me to tell me to turn my stuff in and go meet them.
Unfortunately the kid had not.
They had been waiting for me all class and were unsuccessful at finding me.
We chatted for a minute and they made sure things were okay.
The breakfast club is fantastic.
I’m a fan.
Life needs more friends like that.
The rest of the day was great.
Work was fun.
My meeting with my supervisor wasn’t even scary.
I solved the strange problem with the contract not saving ….
Yes.
I credit Criminal Minds for giving me all of my problem solving skills.
6:00 came and I headed up to the baseball field to watch Jace protect first base aka FREEZE.
Dear Idaho.
Warm up.
Love Quinci.
Boyfriend came around 7:30ish and we headed to his apartment to grab Abigail (his car).
Yes.
Finally.
Date night with boyfriend that didn’t include homework….
Instead it included Philly cheese steaks and Idaho Nachos from the College Ave Deli.
Yum.
And yes….
I didn’t listen to the counsel of boyfriend and ate another jalapeño off his nachos…
One day I’ll learn to listen.
We headed back to watch a movie but seeing that every possible movie place was taken we headed to the BYUIC 4th floor.
Pure Country?
Ever seen it?

George Strait?
Win.
Pretty sure I slept through most of it….
Which is [also] a usual occurrence.
Friday?
Win.
Saturday?
Homework?
Yes.
Family is coming next weekend and Elder Whatcott is heading to Mississippi!

No comments:

Post a Comment